My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah


Why do people hurt the one they love?

This is the question I've been asking myself for the past couple of weeks. There are articles on the Internet about this and I'm sure there are books on this topic and I could spend all the time in the world reading the articles and the books but in reality when it happens, I doubt that people actually consult the articles or books because I know for sure that I would be too upset to do that.

So, why do people hurt the one they love? Let me list out my thoughts as to why I think people hurt the one they love.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Someone said this to me and yes he is right to a certain extend. When we are so familiar with someone, we tend to take the person for granted and not care about his or her feelings.

Communication

Communication is the main essential in every relationship. I am sure everyone knows that lacked of communication or miscommunication might cause both party to get irritated with their partners.

Understanding

Not able to understand his/her partner's problem or situation.

Over-confident in love

When one is so sure that his/her partner will stay with him/her through ups and downs, through weakness and strengths, happiness and sorrow blah blah blah

No experience when it comes to love

For those who have fallen in love for the first time or first time getting into a relationship, please, please, please consult experienced friends, self-help books on relationship etc.

Empathy

Some people they have difficulty empathizing with other's dilemma or feelings. I don't know what to say about them.

Lack of respect

Lack of respect to your partner...what else can I say? Obviously, there is no love there.

I could think of many other reasons but I think the ones I listed above are more than enough for now.


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day