My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah


It was my birthday yesterday, 14 August 2006 Image. The day before, three of my friends - Linda, Faizal, Rishi and I celebrated my birthday at a BBQ Korean restaurant. Before that, the four of us went shopping for MP3 player, as they said Rishi wanted to buy a MP3 player for his girlfriend. I was told that Rishi very often bought gifts for his girlfriend so I didn’t suspect anything about it until during lunch. After they sang a birthday song to me, they gave me the MP3 player Image. I remember a couple of weeks ago I told Linda that I’ve been window-shopping for MP3 player and it was really a surprise to get it as a birthday gift from them. We had a BIG lunch and spent the three hours eating and laughing at silly jokes and throughout those three hours, Linda ate grilled prawns non-stop and poor her, she ended up with a terrible stomachache Image and had to go and see a doctor the next day. However, that didn’t stop her from asking me out to accompany her shopping, which I firmly refused because she should be resting at home.

In the evening yesterday, another friend of mine and I went to watch a Hindi movie titled Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (I think the meaning is Never Say Goodbye). Let me copy and paste the synopsis of the movie.


It’s an enjoyable movie, full of funny scenes and dialogues, not many songs and most of all, typical of a Hindi movie, some of the scenes brought tears to the eyes. I am not going to tell the full story of the movie…for those interested, go and watch it and don’t ever miss it… Arjun Rampal and John Abraham were in the movie too Image.

I am still getting birthday wishes from my friends and to my friends….thank you a lot for the wishes, gifts and time spent together Image. However, in the midst of doing his assignments, someone close to my heart might have overlooked the date yesterday. Oh well…there is always
next year.
Synopsis
‘Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (KANK) is the story of Dev and Maya, both married to different people and completely convinced that they are happy, until they meet each other. Dev (Shah Rukh Khan) is a professional football player whose promising career is nipped in the bud after an accident. He is married to Rhea (Preity Zinta) whose career is on an upswing. They have a son, Arjun, and Dev’s mother, Kamaljit (Kirron Kher) lives with them. Maya (Rani Mukherji) teaches at a nursery and has married her closest friend Rishi (Abhishek Bachchan), a PR consultant. Rishi’s father, Samarjit Singh aka Sam (Amitabh Bachchan) is a flamboyant, fun-loving man whose life revolves around the happiness of his son and daughter-in-law.

The two couples seem content despite the dissatisfaction below the surface but things start to change when a chance encounter between Dev and Maya brings them closer. There is a strange connection between them which blossoms into friendship.

Their time together soon causes complications. This new-found friendship between Dev and Maya causes them to look into their marriages with a new perspective and face up to issues that they hadn’t before. How all the different characters deal with this new development in their lives forms the crux of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.’

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day