My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah

Last evening, thousands and thousands of people gathered at the central of Singapore to see the fireworks show. I was quite amazed by the number of people that turned up to see the fireworks and I think the people covered the whole of the city centre. Well, if you know the size of Singapore, then you can imagine how big the city centre is. The fireworks can be seen clearly from the Esplanade, Marina Bay or from where the Merlion is.

It was Team Singapore fireworks last evening. Last Saturday, it was Team Italy and I wish I was there to see it, as they said the fireworks ‘danced’ on water. This Friday, it is Team New Caledonia and Saturday is Team France.

Anyway, the fireworks lasted for 10 mins and there were OOhs, AAHs, WAHHs and whatever that came out from the people. After the finale, people applauded in great enthusiasm for more fireworks Image. However, they have to wait for the next one, which is this evening.

After seeing so many fireworks over the years, the fireworks last evening were not so spectacular but still worth watching. My friends and I were not able to get a good spot and our view was blocked by a double-decker bus, which stopped waiting for the traffic light to change Image.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day