My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Thursday, August 3, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah


A friend and I were at the Esplanade – Theatre on the Bay last night. Before going to the library for her jamming session, we went to the rooftop of the Esplanade. The view of the skyline of Singapore was perfect and there were quite a number of people at the rooftop – youngsters with their friends, couples and tourists enjoying each other’s company, the night breeze and the view. I’ve been to the rooftop of the Esplanade many times of course but the view of the skyline of Singapore never fails to take my breath away.

I said to my friend, “This is my country and I am proud to be a Singaporean.”

I don’t really remember the exact words I said but it is something like the above. My friend laughed of course and probably thought that I was being patriotic especially when Singapore’s National Day is approaching.

I said to myself that how could I possibly bring myself to leave this country and move to another country…a country, which is different in many ways as compare to Singapore. Will I be able to adapt to the different cultures, environment, climates etc?

One thing I know what I am going to appreciate about the country, which I might have to reside in future, is the cool weather. As for the rest, I’ll take it as it comes Image.

Photo - http://www.asiatravelling.net/singapore/singapore/images/singapore_skyline_night_new.jpg

The pic is not the exact view from the rooftop of the Esplanade.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day