My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Thursday, August 3, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah


Yipee!!! I’ll be celebrating Singapore’s 41st birthday together with over 50 000 people at the National Stadium. Thanks to a friend of mine, Izryn for giving me this opportunity by offering one of the tickets to me. Thank you thank you so much Image.

My little sister and little niece had the chance to watch one of the previews so NOW it is my turn and I am lucky to get to watch the actual event LIVE AT THE NATIONAL STADIUM Image.

This year’s National Day is special because it is going to be the last celebration at the National Stadium before the stadium is demolish. A multi-purpose, 35.6ha “Sports Hub” will take over the stadium within the next few years.

Check out this website for more info on Singapore’s National Day http://www.ndp.org.sg/

Listed below is the lyric of one of my favourite Singapore songs. After all these years, this song still brings tears to my eyes.

To all Singaporeans…HAPPY NATIONAL DAY!!! Image

To my family and friends…the one ticket is MINE!!! Image

To ME…start shopping for a RED t-shirt. Image

WE ARE SINGAPORE

There was a time when people said

That Singapore won't make it, but we did

There was a time when troubles seemed too much

For us to take, but we did

We built a nation, strong and free, reaching out together

For peace and harmony


Chorus 1:

This is my country, this is my flag,

This is my future, this is my life

This is my family, these are my friends

We are Singapore, Singaporeans


Singapore our homeland, it's here that we belong

All of us united, one people marching on

We've come so far together, our common destiny

Singapore forever, a nation strong and free


(Repeat Chorus 1)


(Sung)

We the citizens of Singapore

Pledge ourselves as one united people

Regardless of race, language or religion

To build a democratic society

Based on justice and equality

So as to achieve happiness

Prosperity and progress for our nation


Chorus 2:

We are Singapore, we are Singapore

We will stand together, hear the lion roar

We are Singapore, we are Singapore

We're a nation strong and free forevermore


(Repeat Chorus 1 & 2)


We are Singapore, Singaporeans ( X 2 )

Photo - www.ndp.org.sg

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day