My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Posted by Ms Faizah

My lecturer shared with us something today and I thought to share it on here. He was explaining to us about the term quantity of life versus quality of life…the importance of having a work-life balance in our life.
See the screenshot below:

.
He drew this on the whiteboard and said that our lives are surrounded by these seven factors and he told us to prioritize these seven based on our own life…the first one being the most important and the last one least important.

This is how I prioritize the list:
Spiritual
Family
Health
Education
Career
Finance
Social

He said the first three choices would dominate our life for the rest of our living years. If we focused too much on one, the rest will be affected. It is true for those who focused too much on career…they lose out on spending quality time with family and neglecting their health.
Why I prioritize my list as such? No idea why…it is just that at that moment when I had to make a quick decision I came out with it. Of course, as much as I could I would want to be balanced in all seven but being in the real world, it is simply not possible for us to do that. If I spent 3 hours daily on studying, can I spend 3 hours daily on career as well?
Welcome to the real world hahaha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i hv ur permission to copyright parts of ur entry into mine? heee....

Ms Faizah said...

Sure go ahead...just make sure credit given to me hahaha

Anonymous said...

sure will do..thank u!

[zsazsa] said...

i think my life the career part is taking up all my life now huhu

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day