My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Friday, July 27, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah

The Cafe at Frontier located at Jurong West Central 3 within the library serves very nice Roti Prata and Roti John.

Roti Prata is a pancake made of flour, egg, water and ghee. The way to make it is to knead the dough, make several dough balls from the dough then flatten, fold many times, toss, spin and whatever else the prata man will do with the dough ball. The prata man will then flatten the dough ball into round or square shape, coat with oil and place it on a flat pan to cook. A good roti prata has to be crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside and serve with a good chicken or fish curry.

Roti John is made up of French loaf, minced chicken/beef/mutton, beaten egg and chopped onion. All these ingredients are mixed together and then placed on the inside of the French loaf (slice into half). It is then put on a flat pan with oil to cook. Eating it is best with chilli sauce and mayonnaise.

Roti prata and roti john are good to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper or anytime of the day. Of course working nearby, I’ve had the roti prata and roti john many times and enjoyed each and every bit of it. However, please take note that the roti prata and roti john are nice only when it is prepared by a young Indian man, who is the regular prata man at the café. I think his off day is on every Wednesday so don’t buy the roti prata and roti john when he is not the one preparing.
So, if you know where this Café at Frontier is, come and drop by for the prata and roti john and don’t forget to say Hi to me .

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day