My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah

A friend said something silly to me and then asked me why I was not angry at what he said because what he said could be offensive to someone else. I said to him that there is no reason for me to get angry. He asked me whether I became angry at any time. I can't possibly say that I am never angry because being a human being it is natural for me to get angry at some points of my life. However, as best as I could I try not to be angry. I became upset and irritated of course but rarely angry. When I am upset, I prefer to keep to myself and keep quiet because personally I think that is the best, as words coming out from my mouth could hurt the person I’m angry with. I know how it is when I get angry and I really don’t want anyone to experience it. Anyway, to me being angry doesn't really help much and it is a waste of energy.

My friend said it could be that I was trained in handling difficult people but I don't really think that is why I am seldom angry. Almost daily I meet many people in my course of work and each of them has different attitude and behaviour and I guess somehow I am immune to all those attitude and behaviour over the years. Even though I was scolded or cursed by these people when they were angry, I don't get angry myself because I have to maintain professionalism at work and I guess because of that somehow I am so used to not being angry. How do I maintain my cool? Well...while the person is venting his/her anger, I just told myself that the person is making a fool of him/herself. That is good when dealing with people who are always angry but the bad point is that I have developed a "don't care" or "can't be bothered" attitude and most people perceived that as cold, aloof or emotionless. Honestly, I really can't be bothered what people think of me. My conscience will be my guide.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day