My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Friday, July 27, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah

From 23 July 07 onwards, I am working on a different work timing. Being in the civil service I get to work 5 days per week meaning I get 2 off days per week. Previously, the schedule was in such a way that I have to work the full first week and the second week, I'll get an off day on a weekday and off days on the weekends. This time, the first week my off days will be on the weekends and the second week will be 2 days on any of the weekdays. That means longer working hours on the weekdays, as we have to work 84 hours over a period of 2 weeks.
Anyway, the first shift is from 8 am to 6 pm (half an hour earlier than previous schedule) and second shift is from 11.30 am to 9.15 pm (one hour earlier than previous schedule). After knowing the timing, I know I am going to be in big trouble. For the previous schedule, if I had to work in the first shift I woke up at 7.30 am and the second shift I woke up at 11.30 am so just imagine what I had to go through the past few days.
This morning I woke up at 7.31 am (time shown on my mobile phone)!!! I rushed through brushing my teeth, washing my face while gargling the mouthwash, shower that lasted less than 2 mins, ironed my clothes, went through the necessary make-up and getting ready routine, grabbed a loaf of bread and 2 jars of different type of peanut butter and rushed out of my home. Managed to reach work at 7.56 am *phew* BUT the time recorder machine at work is 7 mins faster than the time on my mobile phone!! So, I was 3 mins late for work...for someone who lived 2 mins walk away from work that is really something to ponder about. For someone like me who likes to do things at a leisure pace and somehow managed to get ready for work and reached work within 25 mins, that is something to be happy about because I am lucky to live near my workplace.
I need corrective actions anyway no matter how lucky I am. I've came out with a few:
  • No staying up beyond midnight to chat online on working days.
  • No reading before going to sleep.
  • Go to bed by midnight.
  • No outings/dates etc in the evenings of working days.
  • Get another alarm clock.
  • Wake up everyday at the same time irregardless working first or second shift and lastly
  • Don't be such a sleepy head.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day