My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah

A few days ago I came across two amazing individuals. Why amazing? These two amazing individuals are people with disabilities but somehow they do not let their disabilities stop them from going on with their lives and what they have accomplished and going to accomplish are far much more greater than what people like us have ever accomplished in our lives.

One of them is a lady who is not able to use her left arm and leg due to some reasons unknown to me. So, most of the time she functions using her right arm and leg. She has to walk using a walking crutch and she has to walk slowly. What is so amazing about her? She paints!! Her specialty is landscape painting in acrylic. She said she is participating in an Art contest but this time she has to paint animals in the Zoo using watercolour and it is going to be a challenge for her painting animals and using watercolour. What she did as preparation was to get books with pictures of animals and studied the details of the animals. This is really something I admire in an individual and I wish her all the best in her life.

Another individual is a lady, who is 60 years old and she has to move around in wheelchair. Amazingly she drives a car. Anyway, she was looking for resources on sailing and said that she is going sailing so she needs to know the basics and what to do in sailing. I can never imagine myself sailing and hearing this lady who has disability wanting to do that I am really amazed.

I asked myself what have I accomplished in my life that I can be really proud of. Of course, we have accomplished and achieved so many things in our lives but can it be compared to what the two ladies I mentioned above did? But what is the main goal in life that we want to achieve? Have we achieved it or are we in the progress of achieving it? If we have not, don’t you think we should start now?

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day