My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Saturday, September 9, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah


Dr Gary Chapman wrote a book titled “The Five Love Languages”. I have not read his book but I’ve heard a lot about it.

The Five Love Languages are:

  • · Words of Affirmation
  • · Quality Time
  • · Receiving gifts
  • · Acts of Service
  • · Physical Touch

Below are my understandings on The Five Love Languages.

Words of Affirmation

It is not only saying “I love you”, we could say anything to our love ones and it could be something simple such as “You look great”, “I am proud of you” or just “Thank you”. In another word, words of affirmation are words of encouragement, appreciation, praise, kindness etc.

Quality Time

It is about the time we spend with the ones we love. To me just sitting on a sofa with someone I love having a nice conversation is enough to make my day.

Receiving gifts

Well, I don’t expect a diamond ring but a stalk of rose or a box of chocolate once in a while is nice. An unexpected valuable gift would be much appreciated Image.

Acts of Service

Do something simple like washing the dishes or make a cup of hot chocolate for your partner. It means a lot to them and especially for me…I love hot chocolate Image.

Physical Touch

Hugs, holding hands, touches on the cheek, caressing the hair etc etc.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day