My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Posted by Ms Faizah

It was Faizal’s birthday yesterday and how we celebrated it? Here is the story:

Linda called me in the afternoon and told me that she wants to give Faizal a surprise birthday party sort of. She asked me to buy a cake from Swensen’s, order pizza and fried chicken etc and to wait at her home. She and Faizal won’t be at home (they went out to have dinner at Swensen’s at Bishan Junction 8) so I was free to do the planning. Linda also invited Faizal’s parents and siblings, Faizal’s cousin and parents and Ayu (Linda’s friend).

7.30 pm, Linda called me and said that Faizal wanted to be home early and she tried to create excuses to linger in Junction 8. By 8 pm, the guests, the pizza and fried chickens have not arrived and I started to panic a little. Linda kept calling every few minutes to know the status. 8.15 pm, guests and fried chickens arrived and I told Linda to come home. Fortunately, the pizzas were delivered before they reached home.

We switched off the lights and hid in a bedroom, lighted the candles on the ice-cream cake and waited for their arrival. We waited for more than 5 minutes and the candles almost burning to half the size. Everyone waited anxiously and the moment we heard Faizal turned the key to open the door, Ayu jumped out of the room and shouted SURPRISE!!! Faizal was so shocked and turned pale hahaha. The rest of us came out from the room with me holding the cake and sang Happy Birthday song. I could see that baby Aiman was wondering what’s going on. Faizal made a wish and blew the candles that were burning nearly to the end.

It was a successful surprise birthday party for Faizal and he was more shocked than surprised actually. We had our food and enjoyed the time together.

I wish Faizal a very Happy Birthday and may whatever he wished for that night came true.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day