My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Posted by Ms Faizah

This morning I heard a father said to his young son, “Nothing is fair in this world.”

I was quite taken aback by those words not because I’ve never heard it said before but I felt that it is not right for the father to say this to the son. The son is going to grow up telling himself that nothing is fair in this world. He will blame the world, everyone and everything for not being fair to him. Is this right for a child to learn?

Why is it that some people think that nothing is fair in this world? How do they define fairness? Just because things didn’t work out the way they wanted it, they felt that it was not fair for them? My friend is rich and I am not, do I have to say that it is not fair?

I believe that we are responsible for our own self and whatever we did or do is going to shape us into whom we are in the future. There is no such thing as “nothing is fair in this world”. It is up to us to be fair or not fair to others and ourselves and to some extent I know that not everything is not fair in this world..

3 comments:

SiR KinG TiGeR said...

Hi
Just dropping by

DatOK ZeQ
Kelana Jaya Selangor
http://datokzeq.blogspot.com
http://yarostarak.blogspot.com

[zsazsa] said...

sometimes when we are down we would feel that way.. but when we are happy and got all the things that we want, we won't say that right.. :D

Anonymous said...

i agree zsazsa. wen things are goin juz right & fine, we do not think of fairness. we mite be happy & enjoying at dat moment but to others, its a totally different thing.

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day