My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah

Cyril’s first visit to Asia/Singapore was on 16 Nov 2007. He arrived at Changi Airport around 5 pm and I was there to receive him. My two friends, Linda and Faizal wanted to come along but couldn’t make it at the last minute because both had to attend a function organized by Singapore Anti-Narcotic Association (SANA) at Suntec City and we planned to meet in the evening.

For those wondering and who has no idea who Cyril is…he is a friend from England. How we got to know each other is very complicated to explain and if I was to tell about it, it is going to be a long story :).

Anyway, Cyril reached Singapore at around 5 pm on 16 Nov 2007. I was there to receive him and after all the greetings, we took a cab to The Inn at Temple Street. He wanted to take the train but I said no way am I going to travel in train during peak hours and furthermore, we would have to change train at Outram Park station to get the NEL train to Chinatown.

Reached the hotel about half an hour later. I should have taken a picture of this hotel because we had arguments over his choice of hotel. Not so bad a hotel but the room he stayed in was small.
In the evening, we went to the city center. From Raffles Place mrt station, we walked to the Merlion Park, took some pictures and then we walked on the Esplanade Bridge towards the Esplanade. We then walked to Suntec City and waited for Linda and Faizal at the Fountain of Wealth.

Linda and Faizal arrived to meet us at 9 pm and after the introductions (they never met each other before), Linda took out a cake to celebrate Cyril’s birthday, which was on 15 Nov 2007. Linda bought a cake from Secret Recipe. I think he was surprised and touched and said that he stopped celebrating his birthdays many years ago.

After all that we went to Makansutra Glutton Bay for dinner. Below are some pictures showing Cyril’s first few hours in Singapore.

Posing on one of the sculptures at Boat Quay.


At the Merlion Park

On the Esplanade Bridge

Birthday cake

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely picture...who is the guy?....so HOT lah!! *burning fingers*

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day