My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah


I've been reading novels written by Tami Hoag lately and I have yet to finish a few of her latest novels. I thought of bringing one of the novel on my trip to read on the plane...however, a book caught my attention when I was at work earlier today. A patron wanted the book and since copies of the book were at the 3rd level , I went up and brought down the book for the patron. On my way down in the lift, I read the synopsis on the back cover.

"Barcelona, 1945: A city slowly heals from its war wounds, and Daniel, an antiquarian book dealer's son who mourns the loss of his mother, finds solace in a mysterious book entitled The Shadow of the Wind, by one Julia Carax. But when he sets out to find the author's other works, he makes a shocking discovery: someone has been systematically destroying every copy of every book Carax has written. In fact, Daniel may have the last of Carax's books in existence. Soon Daniel's seemingly innocent quest opens a door into one of Barcelona's darkest secrets - an epic story of murder, madness and doomed love."

Hmm very interesting I said to myself so I pressed the lift button to go to 3rd level again and took one book for myself. I have not started reading it yet but I am going to read it on the plane. The title is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and the book is an international bestseller. Stephen King commented on the back cover of the book that this book is one gorgeous read and Michael Dirda from the Washington Post said that the story is scary, erotic, touching, tragic and thrilling! Well...what more can I say except grab a copy and read it .

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day