My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah


I had dinner with my friends - Linda and her husband Faizal at Seoul Garden in town area last weekend. As usual, we spent a couple of hours there…for those who don’t know…Seoul Garden is a Korean-styled BBQ restaurant and it is a buffet style so we get to select whatever we want to eat and we do the BBQ ourselves. It is a good eating place, as while we waited for the marinated meat to be cooked we chatted about many topics…the serious and the nonsense ones and as usual most were nonsense talks .

Linda said something to me while we were eating, she said she would be very sad if I were to leave Singapore and live somewhere else (and yet she said both she and Faizal are thinking of migrating to Australia…). Well, I have to say that the thought and an agreement to move to another country is there but it won’t be so soon. It could be in a year, two years or three years time. The most, it is going to take me another 5 years to be ready to migrate. Nothing concrete has been planned yet but yeah I am open to the idea of moving away from Singapore. Not that I don’t like living here but depending on the circumstances in the future, I might have to leave my home country. I could only confirm about this maybe by end of this year or end of next year.

Hopefully, I don’t have to migrate but at the same time I want to because it is going to be a new experience, interesting and fun. It is either going to be permanent or temporary move and whatever it is…I am ready for it. I’ve thought seriously about it and I don’t think I have much to lose by leaving my country. Of course, life is better in own country but I don’t want to lose this opportunity. Who knows I may be able to do things there that I am not able to do here.

So, for those of you who have been telling me that you are coming to Singapore to visit me (quite a number actually), please do so within the next 2 – 3 years :).

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day