My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Posted by Ms Faizah

You must be wondering about the title of the post. Well, not that I really tried to swim in a puddle (I don't even know how to swim) but there are more to those words.

I’ve been thinking a lot about a relationship I have right now and after going through what I went through for the past few months, I realized that communication is really important in maintaining a relationship and in keeping a relationship alive especially in a long distance relationship.

Lack of communication between couples or even friends will lead to misunderstanding, irritation, miscommunication and it also encourages suspicious thoughts and makes us worried over the well being of that person. Well…maybe people will see me as petty over little things but imagine if you were in my shoes and your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife who has to work overseas or any of your love ones didn’t contact you for weeks and only after initiating a contact then you got a reply. Are you going to be happy with that? Anyway, different people have different approach in handling a relationship and they have different ways to ensure that their relationship is smooth and stable. Maybe these people should share some tips with me.

As for me for now I can’t think of what to do to encourage communication in this relationship. Communication can't be just one-sided. What I know is that I need constant communication with the other party and getting just 2 – 3 emails per month and 3 – 5 smses per month is definitely not enough for me. That is why to me a relationship without communication is like trying to swim in a puddle.

1 comments:

Muaz Hadi said...

igt kan ada gambar kak izah berenang ke apa. LOL!

pasal communication ni mmg tak jalan kalau ada satu side je. I might be too inexperience to interpret your post, but if that happen to me, I'll start thinking about the 'seriousness' of the other side. or maybe because of their nature n culture not to bother about this so-called Malay yg suka dibelai n dimanja - just like me - auchh

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day