My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Friday, May 18, 2007

Posted by Ms Faizah

My second day in England, we went to Eyam, a small village in Derbyshire, England. It is about 30 mins drive from Sheffield. I remember when I was in England in year 2000 or 2001, I had to walk nearly or over 10 miles from Castleton looking for this village.

Eyam is best known for the plague that attacked the village in 1600s. The villagers chose to isolate themselves in the village than risk infecting other villages around it. They had the plague for over a year and ¾ of the population died.

If I remember correctly, this village is Castleton.

It was quite a long drive to Eyam

I love going through one of these roads



Houses in Eyam


Rose Cottage


Stock

Eyam Hall Historic House & Craft Centre

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day