My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Posted by Ms Faizah

Last day of 2008 and I thought it is appropriate for me to look back at what I went through in 2008, what happened to me or people close to me and what I have achieved for this year.

End of 2008 does not end very well with me and my family. One of my maternal aunt passed away unexpectedly on 31 Dec 08 at around 3:45 am. Cause of her death was cardio respiratory failure. She passed away at the age of 44 leaving behind her husband. We didn’t expect death to take her away from us too soon but this is what GOD has arranged for her. My late aunt looked after me and my other 2 siblings when we were little. She was very young then and that was over 20 years ago. Over the years, I began to drift apart from her and also the rest of my relatives. We met over special occasions or gatherings and the last time I saw my late aunt was during the last EID, which was on 1 Oct 08. She looked healthy then and 3 months later she is gone. She will always be remembered and be missed by us.

Year 2008 saw me taking up another diploma course to upgrade myself to remain relevant in this ever changing world. So far, I am glad that I made the decision and I successfully passed the first semester.

My relationship with someone whom I used to be constantly in touch with started to dwindle beginning of June and for the past few months I hardly received any email from him. He claimed that he was busy but I just find it impossible not to be able to find time to send me a short email or sms at least once a week.

Jan 2008 was when my first godson, Muhammad Aiman Anaqi was born and now he is already 11 months and learning how to walk. Hardly get to meet him because of my busy schedule and for 2009 I hope to spend more time visiting him. In fact, this year I didn’t spend much time meeting friends and one even said I am beginning to be anti-social. I hope to do better in spending time with friends in 2009 and years ahead.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember much of what happened to me in the first half of 2008. I’ll make better effort for 2009 to remember each and everyday of it. I think I spent most of my free time on the net either chatting or surfing and because of that I didn’t have time for anything else except work.

What have I achieved this year? I don’t think I achieved anything of significance but having gone through 2008 without any major difficulties is a good enough achievement. Oh, I watched the whole 10 seasons of FRIENDS, the American sitcom broadcast on TV from 1994 – 2004. I enjoyed each and every episode of the series :).

What is my resolution for 2009? I have none actually and I never thought to have one. I just hope to go through each and every moment in 2009 peacefully and with full of happiness.

Goodbye 2008 and welcome 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooopssss! Am i supposed to feel guilty? *rolls eyes* ;p

Happy New Year!

Ms Faizah said...

Feel guilty for?

Ms Faizah said...

Hahaha ok I know...it is the anti-social thingy.

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day