My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Sunday, October 8, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah


On 3rd Oct 06, I posted a picture taken from my bedroom’s window. The picture was taken about 20 mins before sunset.
An hour before sunset today, I took another picture from the same location and look at the difference. In the second picture, I could hardly see the flats at the background due to the haze. The air quality in Singapore hasn’t been good for the past few days because of the smoke haze. It seems that there are illegal forest fires in Indonesia Borneo and the winds are transporting the smoke haze to Singapore and Malaysia.

As of today, the air quality improved a bit with the Pollutant Standard Index (PSI) in the moderate range of 80. The highest PSI was 130 so far. The healthy range is less than 50, moderate is 50 – 100 and unhealthy is from 101 – 200. Above 201 is very unhealthy.
Healthy Advisory from National Environment Agency to the people
Persons with existing heart or respiratory ailments should reduce physical exertion and outdoor activity. The general population should reduce vigorous outdoor activity”.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day