My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah

A roll of silver ribbon, which I kept in my stationery box for years caught my attention lately. I bought it on impulse and after buying it, I realized that I don't really like it. The surface of the ribbon is quite coarse unlike the normal ribbons and it was quite difficult to tape the end of it to the roll, as the tape does not adhere well to the ribbon. Overall, I thought the silver ribbon was quite ugly...not my type of colour.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend suggested that I use a string or ribbon to hold together a few plastic sachet of brooches and the silver ribbon came across my mind. I said to myself that it would match the silver plastic sachet perfectly. The silver ribbon wasn't in my stationery box and I searched for it everywhere in my room and after a couple of hours of searching, I found it on top of my wardrobe. So now, the silver ribbon has its use after all.

Yesterday, looking at the silver ribbon...I said to myself that sometimes friends treated us like the silver ribbon. When we don't have any use to them or when they don't need any favours from us, we won't be hearing from them at all or they don't even bother to reply to your text messages or emails etc. When it comes to the time when they need a favour from you, they would appear out of the blue and suddenly decided that you are their best friend. A friend of mine has the habit of doing this...gone for a year or so and then phoned me and talked to me like as if we have been talking on the phone everyday. Of course, he asked me for a favour!!! That wasn't the first time he did that and now he is doing it again. Is he worth being a friend?

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day