My Life...My Thoughts...My Dreams...My Words

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Posted by Ms Faizah

Two of my friends are getting married in August. Both of them got to know their partners slightly more than a year ago. Are they jumping into marriage too soon? One of my friend, who is getting married said …”the faster the better”. Another friend of mine who is in his early 40s said to me that he has to be with the woman for at least 10 years before thinking of marriage with her. I guess people have different views on how soon they should get married after knowing their partners.

I read something from the book ‘Chicken Soup for the Romantic Soul’, which I copied down for my keeping. Thinking about the above, I thought it would help in helping those who are thinking of getting married soon or later in the relationship Image.

Love or Infatuation?

Infatuation is instant desire. It is one set of glands calling to another.

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows – one day at a time.

Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity.You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions; little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely it might spoil the dream.

Love is quiet understanding and the mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you – to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by his presence, even when he is away. Miles do not separate you. You want him nearer. But near or far, you know he is yours and you can wait.

Infatuation says, “We must get married right away. I can’t risk losing him.”

Love says, “Be patient. Don’t panic. Plan your future with confidence.”

Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. If you are honest, you will admit it is difficult to be in one another’s company unless you are sure it will end in intimacy.

Love is the maturation of friendship. You must be friends before you can be lovers.

Infatuation lacks confidence. When he’s away, you wonder if he’s cheating. Sometimes you check.

Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. He feels that trust, and it makes him even more trustworthy.

Infatuation might lead you to do things you’ll regret later, but love never will.

Love is an upper. It makes you look up. It makes you think up. It makes you a better person than you were before.

Ann Landers

Chicken Soup for the Romantic Soul

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Ms Faizah
I am still trying to understand myself so ...
View my complete profile

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day